Search This Blog

28 February 2007

a map & a (somewhat contemporary) New England sea chanty

Yankees click.

I'm gonna tell you 'bout how I love New England
It's my favorite place
I've been all around the world
but I love New England best
I might be prejudiced
But it's true
I love New England best

Well I've been to Paris and I've been to Rome
Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
What did I do but miss my home?
Oh-oh New England!

I've been to Israel's arid plain
Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
It's magnificent
but then so's Maine
Oh-oh New England!

Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
Oh New England!
Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
Oh New England!

Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
Oh New England!
Dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum-da-dum-day
Oh New England!

-- Jonathan Richman

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

not richman again..

Vleeptron Dude said...

you can never have too much Jonathan Richman

never

there's no musician who just so bluntly wants to make people happy, that's all this goofy dude wants to do is sing strange happy songs

Vleeptron Dude said...

now leonard cohen on the other hand ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous
How can one hang aroundhere and NOt like Jonathan Richman ? the guy is funny, can write tunes that will rotate in your brain for days. This is what Pop Music should be all about, charming, witty , intelligent and a bit goofy. Richman is a craftsman in a dying art, pop music is so bloody boring today, they just' dunno how to write good songs nwdays. the goofy Intelligent Pop Song is a dying species, Wesley Willis passed away, Half japanese split, Ween are nowhere to bee seen. HERE ARSTILL GOOD POEPLE AROUND; Daniel Jonston or Mojo Nixon, but Richman is still the coolest.

James J. Olson said...

Yep. New England is my home. I embrace my curmudgeonlyness. No time for bullshit, it's too damn cold to stand outside for any length of time, and unless you've lived here for a couple of generations, you just don't understand.

Just because the cat has kittens in the oven don't make 'em muffins. You're welcome here, just don't assume you're from here just because you've been here 30 years.

adam said...

I like Jonathan Richman. I don't even mind the cold if I'm walking around. The wind chill gets to you if you're dumb enough to try to bike through it, though (as I am).

Anonymous said...

hey anonymous? you are still in this blog?? hahaha..are you don't sleep? online 24hours without any rest?

Cheers,
“Alzhimers, not just old man's disease”