Search This Blog

20 March 2007

I have an alibi

I wish I could find the guy who carried this sign at the anti-war protest in Washington DC this past weekend. If I didn't have an air-tight alibi, I'd be certain he was me.

My Army buddy R.B., who lives in the USA state shaped like the palm and fingers of the right hand, sent me this picture, which a photographer friend took at the very large demonstration. Our e-mails prompted the poem of the previous post.

The anti-war demonstrations and protests and vigils -- in more cities than Washington DC -- is a big Flashback for us sexagenarian-somethings. It's one more indisputable proof that the Iraq War is absolutely, thoroughly, completely different from the Vietnam War.

See? In the Vietnam protests, nobody had an iPod or a cell phone.


Other than that, the fear, the dread, the dead bodies, the amputations, the destroyed lives, the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the escalation ("troop surge") and the ferocious anger that Americans have grown to feel toward the psychopaths who designed the Iraq War and lied their asses off to get it started ... it's Flashback City for me, and obviously for the old sign-carrying guy.

In case anyone's in any doubt, I vote for Cut and Run, immediately. Bring the Boys and the Girls Home immediately.

Over on the Fox News Channel, anyone who's for Cut & Run is not only a traitor and a girrlyman and a left-wing radical who hates America, but ending the Iraq War would cause a bloodbath in Iraq, quickly followed by emboldened Jihadist terrorist attacks on the US Homeland. That's why we're fighting a war in Iraq -- so we won't be attacked in the Homeland.

Well -- I'd confess to being a traitor and a girrlyman and a left-wing radical who hates America, but this damn certificate of my US Army service, and the medals, and the letter from my Commander-in-Chief, Richard M. Nixon, thanking me for my patriotic wartime service keep confusing the indictment.

You get confused about simple things when you're my age. I thought Vietnam meant we'd never again do something that fucking stupid.

Obviously it meant nothing of the sort.


It's about time to start calling for designs for the Iraq War Memorial, not far from the Vietnam War Memorial, in Washington DC. If you'd like to Leave A Comment with your sketch or your design ideas, we might as well start it now, we've amassed enough dead soldiers and Marines, and all we've achieved is the same outrage among Americans that Americans felt against Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon.

If you'd like to Leave A Comment to explain why the Iraq War is a great American achievement, and why we Must Stay the Course, and just give the new Free and Democratic government in Iraq just a little time to get its shit together and become a Western-friendly oil-producing dependable ally, and why Victory is Just Around the Corner, knock your socks off. Please address all military-solution hallucinations to

Bob the Old Girrlyman Traitor who Hates America
SP5 US Army 1969-1971

1 comment:

adam said...

I'd say it's a success for the quality of the conservative pundits willing to defend him-- and the fan fiction they inspire.

Link contains lots of words you probably wouldn't want read aloud at work.