Search This Blog

28 May 2007

WHAT?????? the winning Eurovision song wasn't in ENGLISH??????? more TermiteFest2007 sequelae, smut, gossip, dirty laundry

Serbia's Eurovision winning act
Marija Serifovic


Performed by: Marija Šerifovic'
Music by: Vladimir Graic'
Lyrics by: Saša Miloševic' Mare
Language: Serbian
Placing: 1st (268 points)


Molitva

Ni oka da sklopim
Postelja prazna tera san
A život se topi
I nestaje brzo, k'o dlanom o dlan

K'o razum da gubim
Jer stvarnost i ne primec'ujem
Još uvek te ljubim
Još uvek ti slepo verujem

K'o luda, ne znam kuda
Ljubavi se nove bojim
A dane, žive rane
Više ne brojim

Molitva, kao žar na mojim usnama je
Molitva, mesto rec(i samo ime tvoje
Nebo zna, kao ja
Koliko puta sam ponovila
To nebo zna, baš kao ja
Da je ime tvoje moja jedina molitva

Al Bogu ne mogu lagati
Sve dok se molim
A lažem ako kažem
Da te ne volim

Molitva, kao žar na mojim usnama je
Molitva, mesto rec(i samo ime tvoje
Nebo zna, baš kao ja
Koliko puta sam ponovila
To nebo zna, baš kao ja
Da je ime tvoje moja molitva
Molitva, molitva

I nebo zna, baš kao ja
Koliko puta sam ponovila
To nebo zna, baš kao ja
Da je ime tvoje moja jedina molitva

Da je ime tvoje moja molitva

Prayer

I can't close my eyes
The empty bed chases sleep away
And my life is melting away
And it's disappearing quickly, in a split second

It seems I'm losing my mind
As I don't even notice reality
I still love you
I still trust you blindly

Like crazy, I don't know where to go
I'm afraid of a new love
And the days are like open wounds
I don't count them anymore

Prayer, like ardour on my lips
Prayer, just your name, instead of words
Heaven knows, just as I do
How many times I've repeated this
Heaven knows, just as I do
That your name is my only prayer

But I can't lie to God
As long as I pray
And I'd be lying if I said
That I don't love you

Prayer, like ardour on my lips
Prayer, just your name, instead of words
Heaven knows, just as I do
How many times I've repeated this
Heaven knows, just as I do
That your name is my prayer

Prayer, prayer

And heaven knows, just as I do
How many times I've repeated this
Heaven knows, just as I do
That your name is my only prayer
That your name is my prayer

-- Translation by Vedran Dronjic

===========
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Molitva"

Eurovision Song Contest 2007 entry
Country Serbia
Artist(s) Marija Šerifovic'
Language Serbian
Composer(s) Vladimir Graic'
Lyricist(s) Saša Miloševic' Mare
Place 1st
Lyrics Serbian (with English translation)

"Molitva" (Serbian Cyrillic: ???????; English: "Prayer") was the winning song of the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, and was performed by the Serbian singer Marija Šerifovic'. It was Serbia's Eurovision debut as an independent nation, as the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro dissolved in June 2006.

Molitva was the first song containing no English language lyrics to win since 1998 ("Wild Dances" by Ruslana, the 2004 winner, had contained some English phrases). It was also the first time a ballad has won since televoting became the standard. The song is also notable for its stage presentation because it lacked dance routines, revealing or showy costumes, pyrotechnics and other gimmicks. The Eurovision Song Contest is often accused of concentrating on these things instead of the music itself. Many elements of "Molitva" contrasted with the previous winner, "Hard Rock Hallelujah".

Other versions

The English version is called "Destiny", the Russian version is called "Molitva" and the Finnish version "Rukoilen". The song has also been released as a dance remix and a remix named "Jovan Radomir mix" by Swedish TV-presenter Jovan Radomir. An instrumental version has also been released.[1]

Accusations of plagiarism

Two days after the final, some Albanians claimed that the song was plagiarised from Albanian artist Soni Malaj's song Ndarja.[2] This has however been denied by Macedonian composer Marjano Filipovski, author of Ndarja[3].

===========

The Sun (UK tabloid)
Monday 14 May 2007


Serbia 'stole' winning song

SERBIA'S victory celebrations in this year's Eurovision Song Contest have been marred by claims the track is a COPY of another song and accusations of eastern European block voting.

Critics reckon Molitva, performed by Marija Šerifovic, is a rip-off of an old Albanian track.

One man who has posted a video comparing the two songs side by side online told me: "I knew this Albanian song long ago. It won a popular song competition called Top Fest that is organised there yearly.

"As soon as I heard Serbia's song I realised it was plagiarised.

"I am not aware if they did it intentionally or not but the similarity was obvious."

Meanwhile the awful SCOOCH - who finished second from last in the contest with just 19 points - and host TERRY WOGAN have claimed the vote was more about politics than singing.

Terry said: "Block voting detracts and I don't think we'll end it.

"But still, we only came second last. Unfortunately Ireland came last. And western European countries were left out in the cold, I'm afraid."

Scooch member David added: "We hoped this year would be different with no 'old pals' act in the voting.

"It was our best ever performance. We thought we'd really flown the flag for the UK but we were vote victims. It is a farce.

"The best song never seems to win."

Sorry David - you might be right about the voting tactics but your performance still scored 19 points too many.

- 30 -

Have Your Say
Tell us what you think of this story
ADD YOUR VIEWS HERE
Share your views with others, in real time, on our discussion boards.
DISCUSS WITH OTHER SUN READERS
Reader Submissions

Serbia 'stole' winning song

Serbia did just pinch the song, they stole Jamie Cullam too and pretended he was a hideous looking short girl. The glasses fooled no one.
Posted_by: RitoPau
Did Serbia Steal the Winning Song?

The article refers to "critics say Serbia stole the winning song"? Which "critics"? Albanians upset that they didn't win? I've listened to both songs a number of times ...
Posted_by: melwolfe
Serbia 'stole' winning song

How about this !? Its most likekly Albania stole this song from Mariah Carey, ha ??! Soni /Albanian Song/ #####//####youtube.com/watch?v=4NvjII8_8AM Mariah Carey #####//####youtube.com/watch?v=4S ...
Posted_by: Tzui
Serbia 'stole' winning song

who gives a toss its a crap contest and should be banned - it is clear that most Eastern European bands have zip to offer!
Posted_by: fly87
Serbia 'stole' winning song

Hello Everybody, I think the the Serbian song was tolen fromt he wonderful Albanian song of Soni Malaj. Serbians can not sing as Albanians do. Shame on them. Elton
Posted_by: Elton

© 2006 News Group Newspapers Ltd. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited.
This website is published by a member of the News International Group. News International Limited, 1 Virginia St, London E98 1XY, is the holding company for the News International group and is registered in England No 81701. VAT number GB 243 8054 69


============
Idividi (Macedonia)

Авторот на “Ндарја“: Молитва не е иста песна

Композиторот на албанскиот хит “Ндарја“, Македонецот, Марјано Филиповски-Маки, вели дека овој хит има сличности во неколку компоненти со српската композиција, победничка на Евровизија, “Молитва“ но оти не станува збор за исти песни, односно за плагијат, пренесува тиранската телевизија Топ-канал, јави дописникот на Нетпрес.

Албанската пеачка Сони Малај, која песната “Ндарја“ (Разделба) ја пееше на тиранскиот фестивал “Топ фест 2006“ за истата телевизија, изјави дека “можам да речам дека мојата песна и онаа српската се две мелодии од ист жанр, со ист тоналитет и имаат слична музика“, додавајќи дека рефренот на српската мелодија е многу сличен на оној на “Разделба“.

Телевизијата пренесува и изјава на продуцентот на песната “Молитва“, Саша Мирковиќ, дека не добил никаква официјална реакција од централното жири на “Евровизија“.

Можете и сами да се уверите (барем ќе ја видите најубавата албанска пејачка):


No comments: