Search This Blog

19 December 2007

kill this bird, clearcut this old growth forest, rapine, plunder, war in Iraq expands, Obama used to do drugs but Hillary would never say that

Spotted owl (Strix occidentalis)
in Mount Rainier National Park,
Washington State USA.
Habitat: Old Growth Forest.

I got to get some sleep.

But if you're wondering why so many recent posts have been about Outer Space and Artificial Gravity and the Planets and the Far Future ...

Well ... let me know if you're demanding that Vleeptron get back to Planet Earth and the Here and Now. If that's what the folks want, Vleeptron will do its best to accomodate them.


This Planet's A Mess.

-- The B-52s

Forgive me for succumbing to a deep need to look elsewhere for Beauty and Natural Wonder and Eternal Perfection. I guess I'm tough enough to handle Bush & The Pathological Liars who are our current Rulers. Tonight I saw PBS Newshour with Jim Lehrer about a new Bush plan to murder spotted owls in the Pacific Northwest so loggers can clearcut the endangered owls' habitat.

The Interior Department is buggering the known science so they can exterminate the rare owls. If their plan passes, they're actually going to hire hunters to shoot the owls.

The Bush Legacy: Owl Shooters.

Hahahaha laugh at my need to flee into Space and the Future.

Keep laughing. Turkey just sent combat ground troops into northern Iraq, with intelligence cooperation from the USA.

Leave some comments. Should I come Back to Earth and the Here and Now? Should I talk about Hillary and Giuliani and Romney? Hillary's former point man in New Hampshire was merrily babbling about Obama's old confession of using drugs as a teenager. I'm sure he only meant it as positive, constructive criticism. I'm sure Hillary would never have countenanced her campaign diving down the Low Road. Hillary is much too noble and honorable a public servant for that. It takes a village to sling excrement about the drug use of a popular African-American opponent.

So anyway that's why I've been in Outer Space lately. This planet's a mess and it's making me sick.

No comments: