Search This Blog

07 March 2008

Sake -- the drink with the power to restore feminine beauty and youth!

Click to become younger and more beautiful.

from the website/list for English-speaking Westerners living in Japan: fuckedgaijin

The Sake Association [of Japan] is sponsoring a lecture on the 21st of [March 08] about Sake Therapy, part of which includes information on how drinking sake helps your looks. The lecture will explain how, with over a hundred active ingredients, sake can help your skin, improve your circulation, slow down ageing and also help your hair grow back. It's 2,000 yen to hear everything you've ever wanted to hear about slugging back booze but attendance at the lecture is limited to women.

===
Vleeptron Dude comments:
===
I don't know if sake can make a woman young and beautiful, but I can testify sake has the magical power to make an ordinarily shy person -- for example, a Korean engineering student at my nearby university -- stand up and sing "You Are My Sunshine" or ABBA's "Dancing Queen" in front of a hundred perfect strangers, who are also knocking back the juice and waiting their turn to belt out "I Am the Walrus" at the top of their lungs.

One night sake's magical power allowed me to stand up on Karaoke Night and regale a hundred mostly Asian strangers with "Lydia The Tattooed Lady":

... when her robe is unfurled
She will show you the world
If you'll stand up and tellerwhere
For a dime you can see
Kankakee or Paree
Or Washington Crossing the Delaware

Here is Grover Whelan
Unveilin the Trylon
Over on the West Coast
We have Treasure Island
Here's Nijinsky a-doin the Rhumba
Here's her Social Security Nhumba

I have often been misunderstood in my life, but never so profoundly misunderstood by so many confused-looking people at one time. Apparently Asians are very unfamiliar with this song, although it was available on the machine.

One Friday night I dined at this sushi joint, but the Karaoke was gone. I asked the occidental waitress what had happened, and she blushed and said that one night a patron, supercharged with much sake, had thrown a chair through the plate glass window. He was apparently outraged that after waiting 20 minutes for his turn to sing "You Are My Sunshine," somebody else was called to the microphone and sang it first.

... Captain Spalding exploring the Amazon
Here's Godiva
but with her Pajamazon!

========
Gilligan replies:
========
Speaking from MUCH experience, I can verify that sake does make women young and beautiful... the more I drink, the younger and more beautiful they get

4 comments:

James J. Olson said...

Oh. sake. Delicate flavoured temptress. A dragon, in delicate teacups. Lifter of inhibitions and it is true, other people look more attractive the more I drank.

Remember, friends don't let friends beergoggle.

Anonymous said...

sake ? not available at the local pub where i just came from. i stick with BEER, fluid amber, the oldest drink in the world, nectar of the gods, gold in a pint for a hard earned thirst that fills you up and will not let you down, melts in your mouth and not in your hand, but in your wallet.

it is true that women look better after a few, the proof is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11fQ6-QTIc
and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oYYoQlId

i have a Things To Do List Of The Things I Never Did That Must Be Done Before I Kick The Bucket, eating sushi and drinking sake are in the top 5, together with parachute jumping, singing Mahler in front of an audience, chess, Antarctica and a few other things.

Vleeptron Dude said...

Here in the USA Japanese joints serve sake hot -- and so that's the way I learned to like it. But I'm told that in Japan, this is WRONG, everybody drinks it room temp. Nevertheless at the sushi joint I used to frequent, they had a big Japanese-made heater-dispenser for the stuff. So who knows?

Ain't much of a drinker, but I do like the stuff. Goes down pretty smooth, gets you fucked up pretty fast. But it's rice wine, not a hard liquor.

Hmmm, you wanna sing Das Leid von der Erde, or what? I ain't much of a Mahler expert. He seems to have a hard time bringing things to a conclusion. But at least he's harmonic, not 20th-century dissonant; he sounds nice to the ear, not like some sort of back-alley fight with metal garbage cans and broken bottles.

Chess I have already bored you with, but I do find it such a social pleasure and one of the most pleasing and something thrilling things 2 humans can do.

If you've never eaten sushi before -- well, do what I did with eels and snails: First drink the sake, wait for it to loosen you up a bit, then go for the raw fish.

I'll see you in Antarctica! I'm gonna get there! And maybe on the way back we can psyche ourselves up to jump out of an airplane.

Anonymous said...

you know that Hendrix was a parachuter ? course you do, same genaration, bloody good music you had back then.
Hendrix kicks major A.

I would LOVE to sing this Lied from Mahler in front of an aucience. I cant sing, but that is the challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfG3U_byB0k

Last one in Antarctica will pay Beer and Pizza