Search This Blog

03 October 2009

Bob is popping pills / Bob meets the Chief of the Abenaki Nation!!! / Bob bursts into tears in front of the mailman

Click image for larger.

Bob's Road Trip Adventure in the last days of September 2009, just at the beginning of the changing colors of the leaves of the great boreal deciduous hardwood forest of North America.

I'm posting on the laptop off the Wi-Fi at the Whately Truck Stop Diner on Interstate 91 in Massachusetts. We're temporarily de-homed -- not homeless, which is an authentic tragedy. We're just de-homed for about 3 days. We are Between Homes. At this moment a bunch of Todds and Scotts and Marks are schlepping and trucking all our crap and books and drek and weird belongings (the neon Jolt Cola sign, the Oscilloscope, the Analog Computer, the rotating illuminating Marvy Barber Pole ...) from the old house in Northampton to the new house in the woods at 42.3579° N 72.8313° W. In a recent post you can see our new house from low Earth orbit (or probably just a survey photo airplane).

S.W.M.B.O. just vibrated my groin where my cell phone was in my pocket and told me the ghastly move will take one more day than planned, so I got to see if we can book a third night at the gorgeous Whately Inn. The Whately Inn is probably the most magnificent place to stay to see the Autumn foliage. Peak Leaf Peeper Season is coming up, the Columbus Day weekend. We're mega-positioned for it, and have dinner reservations in front of the fireplace tonight. It's just possible the Whately Inn serves the finest dinner on Earth. Ten years ago we had our wedding reception there. This is The Fantasy of the New England Inn, and a lot of the staff are learning the tops in the restaurant business as they get hospitality industry degrees at the nearby University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

Yesterday our mailman saw our Change of Address form and asked us about it. I burst into tears, and embarrassed the poor man. I've lived in this little cottage for 26 years. Some of my cats are buried in the back yard.

Please wish me well as I gobble pills to get me through this authentically terrible ordeal. I know others have it much worse -- the authentically homeless who must sleep in the woods, the people of Indonesia and Samoa.

But this is so very hard for me. I'll write about my wonderful 844-mile International Boreal Decidiuous Hardwood Forest Adventure when I calm down a little. I met an Indian Nation Chief! We talked! She answered my 500 ignorant stupid questions about the St. Francis Abenaki Nation! Go HERE to the Abenaki Nation website, read about some History!

7 comments:

ovelhadog said...

cool...

http://ovelhadog.blogspot.com/

Paul P said...

I think you should have your own talk show :)

patfromch said...

Yep,agreed, Paul could call in and deliver one-liners.....

Bloody Hell, If I were DJ at a radio station I could play whatever I want, from Billie Holiday to Napalm Death, Bach to Black Flag, Mozart to Metallica, and some Velvet Underground or the Ramones if I had a few. Purcell and the Cowboy Junkies, Slayer and Kraftwerk, all in one hour. And Bob can do the Talk Show thing, like an andidote to bloody flaming Glenn Beck.

In other news the comment pit would like to wish Bob all the best. Get off the depression, off the pills, get on with life, smoke a good one, put on some Jefferson Airplane or Blue Cheer, full volume. Presumed insanity / depression is irrelevant and therefore not existing.

James J. Olson said...

Are you back yet?

Vleeptron Dude said...

I'm back, we moved into the new home on 5 October, S.W.M.B.O. managed to hook up the wi-fi in the house yesterday/Sunday.

The night after we moved in, huge windstorm knocked out the electric power for an hour, but also knocked out the lsnd-line phone (through which we get the DSL internet/email), and that wasn't repaired for 5 days!

Verizon (the phone company) = Evil.

Yay! I'll be posting to Vleeptron today!

Vleeptron Dude said...

Hey hi hi Ovelhadog, welcome to Vleeptron!

Hey I checked out your blog, and you should add THIS to your list of best places on Earth to play golf:

http://vleeptron.blogspot.com/2006/06/i-made-green-in-2-i-dropped-putt-i-got.html

Who are you, where are you, what are you, how'd you stumble into Vleeptron?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bob,

Back better?

I don't have your new!!! number, so I can't call!

Mary