Search This Blog

31 July 2015

Racket Coders prepare to have More Fun Than Racket Coders Should Be Allowed to have with Pants On in St. Louis, Missouri USA @ end of September! / this will be More Fun than 2011 RacketCon blowout in Philly! / la Vie des Ordinateuristes / magnetic sources prohibited / free room wi-fi / yiffing permitted / Jolt Cola & Diet Jolt in mini-bar

Click screenshot to enlarge.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robby Findler" <robby@eecs.northwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 6:34 PM
Subject: [Coq-Club] (fifth RacketCon)


Racket is moving in the direction of dependent types and there's even a talk about it this year at RacketCon. Of course, there's all kinds of other goodies that hackers would enjoy generally. Generic blurb below.

Best,
Robby

RacketCon, the yearly meeting of the community around the Racket programming language, is coming back to St. Louis [Missouri, USA]! Join us for a day of Racket-themed talks, demos and chats on September 27th (the day after Strange Loop), at the St. Louis Union Station hotel.

More details, including the full program, are available at:

    https://con.racket-lang.org

Registration is open at:

    https://eventbrite.com/event/16825218682/

We're also planning a social gathering of Racketeers and Racket-curious
bystanders
the evening before RacketCon (September 26th). Details are forthcoming, but it's not too early to mark it on your calendar!

See you in St. Louis!


ȴȵȶȸȹȴȵȶȸȹȴȵȶȸȹ


When Louis came home to the flat
He hung up his coat and his hat
He gazed all around, but no wifey he found
So he said, "Where can Flossie be at?"

A note on the table he spied
He read it just once, then he cried
It ran, "Louis dear, it's too slow for me here
So I think I will go for a ride"

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there

We will dance the Hootchy-kootchy
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there

We will dance the Hootchy-kootchy
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet in St. Louis, Louis
Meet me at the fair

Songwriters
Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
Published by
Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing


ȴȵȶȸȹȴȵȶȸȹȴȵȶȸȹ


PizzaQ!

Which Fair are they singing about?
Vleeptron needs the Year, and the full official name of this-here Fair. 

First correct answer wins 1 Medium Pie, Funghi and garlic toppings. I just can't get enough Funghi.

4 comments:

Landscape Windscreen said...

There was a world fair back in 1897 or so in St. Louis. I think that's why they built that bloody arc...but what do I know about american history ?

Ah yes the Sierpinski...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ji75-QnrQs&index=20&list=PL9498490917D391DD
This is fairly old, but it still looks allright as an Early Work. Must update in 3D sometime however. Or stop being obsessed in trying to find unusual objects in those bloody fractsls

Vleeptron Dude said...

yeah i figured the Sierpinski thing would get Landscape's attention. So are you making reservations for RacketCon 5? 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 Racket affacianadi can share a room at the St. Louis Marriott.

okay, no funghi for you. First of all the Ministry of Pizza wants the Full Official Name of this-here Fair in St. Louis, AND the exact year and the calendar dates the Fair ran.

I was recently reminiscing about Alice and Stanley Bramow's Dance Class for the Children of Washington DC. Alice taught us all the cha-cha and the mambo and maybe also the Frug, but I certainly never Tangoed with Roseanne Liebowitz, and I know absolutely that Alice and Stanley never taught us the Hootchie-Coochie.

But I can still learn. Maybe that local Tango Lessons Woman also know the Hootchie-Coochie.

The Gateway [to the USA West] Arch was designed by Eero (son of Eeko, check out Eeko's Helsinki train station!!!) Saarinen, who also designed [John Foster] Dulles Airport far from Washington DC, amongst cows and other farm animals in Virginia.

There's a Horror TV Miniseries on right now, zombies and apocalypses and plague and eating out of dumpsters, but its Iconic Post-Apocalyptic Icon is the Gateway Arch. (But the zombies must have eaten a high section of the arch.)

The Gateway Arch had NOTHING (in ordinary Spacetime) to do with The Fair.

I think the GA is a parabola. But the wiki knows if it's a parabola or a catenary. Eero got good grades in trig class, I think. (Or his dad Eeko would scream at him when he got a bad math report card.) Inside that verkakte meshuge Thing you can get to the top on the Parabolic Elevator.

Okay, I'm putting that elevator ride on my Bucket List, near a ride from High Canal to Low Canal aboard The Falkirk Wheel. I've ridden the Wheel many times on YouTube. And also in dreams. (I chain-smoke Marlboros in my dreams, but my doctor says that's okay.)

Please do not let Zombies hurt or eat Zentrum Klee by Rienzo Piano. Amy's Smart Husband won the unwinnable Pizza by identifying Rienzo's verkakte Structure on a (formerly) South Pacific French Colony Island. France commissioned it as a "Goodbye, sorry for everything" memorial to their Colonial Administration activities.

Did CH ever have colonies? Just a couple of small islands? Did you enslave the Kobolds to dig Valuable Metals for you? Europeans' treatment of the Kobolds is inexcusable.

... so we dig dig dig
with a shovel and a pick
in a mine, in a mine
where a million diamonds shine
we dig dig dig from the morning to the night
heigh ho heigh ho it's off to work we go ...

Okay if you want the quattrofromaggio you got to do better with The Fair and the Hootchie-Kootchy.

hmmm what krazy CAPTCHA will I have to prove now? I REALLY resent a machine demanding that I prove that I am Not A Robot.

I AM A HUMAN BEING!!!

Am I not a Man and a Brother???

SEND MORE CHUCK BERRY

************

a UFO alien flying saucer crashed on a USA suburban golf course one night, and they sent an alien into town to try to find parts to fix the broken Flying Saucer wheel.

He found just what was needed! He snatched it and ran out of the store.

A hand reached out and grapped the Alien by the Alien Collar.

The Alien whined: Please Mister I'm sorry I tried to steal your Thing but we need it to fix our Saucer Wheel so we can fly away and never bother you again.

The angry shopkeeper said: "Wheel? You think that's a wheel? That's not a wheel, you schmuck, that's a BAGEL.

And he explained some intro info about babels to the Alien.

"Here. Try one. Bite into it."

The Alien bit into the bagel. His whole plaid chromophoric face lit up like a Tannenbaum.

"Wow!" yelled the Alien. "This would go great with LOX!!!"

Vleeptron Dude said...

btw Robby (Findler) is one of the creators / inventors / imaginary visionaries of the Racket programming language.

My brother has Linux Thorwald's autograph. That's not chopped liver.

Vleeptron Dude said...

I mean LINUS Thorwald. Linus invented Linux. But I think Linux was a later adaptation of the Monster Industrial Operating Sysem Unix.

The little girl who was seconds from being eaten by dinosaurs looked at one of 50 screens in the Control Room of Jurassic Park and suddenly yelled:

THIS IS A UNIX SYSTEM! I CAN DO THIS!

A minute later she had the lights and phones on and the Dinosaur-Proof Auto-Locks on the Control Room Doors worked again.

Oh go see the new Jurassic World 3D thing. Cahiers du Vleeptron is preparing an issue on this excellent film.

The advertising slogan for Caddyshack was

Better Than Caddyshack 2!

There was a tease lobby ad saying a new feature film was coming from the same people (?) whe brought us MST3K. In the lobby ad there's a mention of the faux film "Sharknado 10."